Saturday 19 December 2015

Is It Day Really Day 18 - 31 Days of Blogging

Oh  dear, l have been absent. Tuesday night was my last post.

My week in review since Tuesday.  I broke a recently filled tooth on Tuesday, luckily enough the dentist was able to slot me in on Wednesday.  Oh the dear sweet dentist,  wanted to file it down,  but I opted for an extraction.

I am getting a bit peeved at teeth. You look after them, then back in 2007 I chose to have braces to have minor straightening. That worked well. Then I thought I would have them whitened when the braces were removed, but unfortunately I got sick.  From there it was down hill, between the medication and the sickness my teeth just "have gone to hell in a hand basket".

Now on a brighter note, I have completed the stitching on the second last block of "The Happiness Quilt", I believe that is where myntime disappeared to instead of the daily blog posts.

Today,  was spent, stitching on the final block of "The Happiness Quilt". The tree trunk, and five of the leaves were blanket stitched around. Unfortunately,  I fell asleep about 17.30 hours for two hours.

Now  I am sitting in bed writing this post before I go to bed for the night.

However, during the week, and the drive to and from Mount Isa,  to the dentist,  I listened to "At Home With The Templetons", a book by Monica McInerney. Tremendous "listen".  Monica McInerney always gives the reader an adventure, or an escape from their own life. Lovely story to listen whilst one sews.

"The Secret Lives of Dresses" by Erin McKean, transported me to Carolina, to vintage dresses, ham, biscuits,  southern ladies. Again, this "listen", was fantastic to sew along to.

Thank you for taking time to stop by.

Happy stitching. Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I have not tried either of those authors - in print or audio books. Maybe I should give them a try!

    ReplyDelete