Monday 13 October 2014

October is Here

I hardly  can believe that  it is October  already,  not only  October m but almost half through October.

I am down  in Brisbane for a  few days, for medical check-ups, and the  like.

It is a wonder that I ever made it ....., last Monday night on my way home from work a huge kangaroo  leapt out of nowhere and hit the side of the car,  the driver's door is a bit buckled, nothing  to severe, the rear bumper  was a bit flappy, I was lucky  enough to be able to push it back on. Unfortunately  the kangaroo was not so fortunate,
He was as big as a human.



I have also completed  half of the 2014 Hexie BOM, actually  there are more blocks and  sashings, they just require  sewing together. (The tail belongs to  one of my assistants, Poppy)





Thank you for taking time to stop by. Happy stitching. Sharon 

6 comments:

  1. Ohh. I dread hitting a kangaroo. I used to drive to work every morning on a road that always seemed to have wallabies either side of the road. I'm glad your okay. Your hexie blocks are really fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our drive way is almost 5klms long and I often have a guard of honour of wallabies, they two can be tricky.

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear that you are OK after the incident with the kangaroo. Your hexie project is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank fully there was only a small dent to the car. The hexie quilt has been lots of fun.

      Delete
  3. Whoa! I should count myself fortunate that there is no risk of a kangaroo incident in New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes kangaroos can be very erratic, going one way then just as quick change their mind.

      Delete